Menu Color:
Main Color:
Background Color:
Background Image:
  • background1
  • background2
  • background3
  • background4
  • background5
  • background6
  • background7
  • background8
  • background9
  |  
You are here : Home  >  Duplain Twp
Duplain Twp., Clinton Co.

Duplain Twp.
PO Box 75
Elsie, MI 488310075

Phone: (989) 862-5084

 Township Hall
145 W. Main St., Elsie

 

   The village of Elsie is located within the township. Craven's Mills was platted as a village in 1845 at the time the three Craven brothers built a mill here. It was abandoned and the various stores moved to Elsie in 1857.[4] Duplain is an unincorporated community in the township at 43°02′48″N 84°27′09″W[5] on the Maple River, which was previously known by its French name, Rivière du Plain. The township was first known as Sena when set off in 1840, but became Du Plain when organized in 1841. The community was first settled by a group from Rochester, New York, and became known as the Rochester Colony. It was platted with the name Mapleton by Edward R. Everest in 1837, and a post office with that name was established on January 29, 1844. The post office was renamed Duplain on December 12, 1844, and operated until March 14, 1903.
 


Township Officials

Bruce Levey
Supervisor
6048 North Lusk Rd.
Elsie MI 48831
Phone: (989) 862-5674

Richard Bates
Clerk
PO Box 75
Elsie MI 488310075
Phone: (989) 862-5084

Amy Bowen
Treasurer
PO Box 71
Elsie MI 488310071
Phone: (989) 862-0242

Dennis Baese
Trustee
4639 East Ridge Rd.
Elsie MI 48831
Phone: (989) 862-5770

Chuck Klarich
Trustee
PO Box 308
Elsie MI 48831
Phone: (989) 862-0316